Are you the ideal candidate to drive Employee Engagement and contribute on a strategic level?
Are you ready to cultivate an amazing and innovative culture where all employees have genuine opportunities to fully participate and thrive?
If so, Community Transit is looking for you!
We have an immediate opening for an HR Business Partner to join our Employee Engagement team and support the Transportation Operations Department. The position is a strategic partner with Agency Departments and influences Agency HR strategy into day-to-day work providing professional HR guidance and support to relevant internal client groups with the objective of adding value to the business. Scope of work is complex and sensitive in nature and requires a high level of competence and understanding of a wide variety of HR functions. An incumbent provides all HR consultation to our Transportation Operations Department; has responsibility for independent action, planning the work, using experienced judgment, solving problems, and the results of the work.
Essential duties of the role include partnering and coaching to all levels of the organization; managing and facilitating strategic work and items identified as opportunities in employee engagement survey, organizational design and development, leadership coaching, and team building that supports and promotes change growth and resiliency. Proactively assessing team and Leader development needs; implementing solutions that assist in execution of key performance indicators and Agency goals; integrate and partner with Employee Engagement colleagues in recruiting, skills analysis and more.
- Contributes to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes.
- Supports line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
- Reviews key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders.
- Facilitates long-term initiatives aligned with the strategic agenda. Identifies new opportunities for HR to add value to the business.
- Assists business unit leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards.
- Develops and promotes ongoing feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes. Acts as a liaison between the line and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs.
- Provides expert advice and coaching to employees when appropriate. Understands and solicits employee opinions and anticipates their needs and concerns. Facilitates a strong leadership and coaching culture.
- Reviews and benchmarks the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives. Identifies and drives the sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement. Maintains knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and contribute to functional and cross-functional initiatives. Other duties as assigned.
- Six years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues in an HR Consultant, Generalist or leadership role.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Two years experience project management and change management.
- Four years experience working with senior executives in an "influence-without-authority" role.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, HR Management or a related field.
- Three years experience assisting clients in an HRBP capacity or equivalent role
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action.
- Working knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft or other HRIS system.
- SPHR/PHR, SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP, CEBS or NPELRA certification preferred.
Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills
Qualifications to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Substantial business acumen. Demonstrated solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business.
- Using data to identify insights that drive action.
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy.
- Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), and talent management practices
- Critical Thinking, Problem analysis, decision-making.
- Laws and regulation governing the employer-employee relationship and HR practices.
Qualifications to enter this position requires skill in:
- Developing clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy.
- Identifying new ways for HR to support the business strategy.
- Collecting and synthesizing large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Recognizing trends and developing recommendations based on data analyses.
- Engaging, inspiring and influencing people.
- Participating as a team player and networker.
- Interpersonal, communication and customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Understanding, interpreting and applying contracts, laws and regulations.
- Time Management to meet deadlines.
- Resourcefulness when researching an issue.
- Determining priorities when faced with constant changes, to make and keep commitments.
- Developing and maintaining cooperative relationships with others.
PROFICIENT PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position's duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Agency Policies and Procedures
- Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, carrying.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Application and Selection Process:
This position is being sourced by Arch Staffing. Please apply at: https://www.indeed.com/job/human-resources-business-partner-f59c2b0eb0646326
- Only on-line applications accepted.
- Applicants for this job may be considered for other openings up to six months after the date this position is filled.
- Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be scheduled for assessments and interviews to demonstrate their knowledge and skills for the position. The evaluation process may include interviews, background check, reference checks and various performance tests.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance. Employees participate in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and have the option to enroll in the agency’s deferred compensation plan. In addition to WA Paid Sick Leave, employees in this position, accrue of 24 days of Paid Time off (192 hours) in their first year and nine (9) paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Full list of all benefits and details can be found here.
Effective January 1, 2022, all new employees must provide proof of fully vaccinated status on or before their first workday. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
If you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let your Human Resources Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position will be affected.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on an basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.