HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST - North Sound BH-ASO
The North Sound Behavioral Health Administrative Services Organization (North Sound BH-ASO) is pleased to announce that we are looking for a skilled HR professional with an interest in supporting an organization that oversees and enhances Behavioral Health systems of care for the North Sound region. You will join a diverse and multitalented team that valuesinnovation, integrity, and high-quality service that reduce inequities in health care. This opportunity is a part-time, 20 hour/week, hourly position with full benefits, and has a hybrid inperson/telecommute schedule.
Changes in healthcare reform afford new and dynamic opportunities–especially in the field of behavioral health. If you are interested in playing a critical role in assuring quality behavioral health services while identifying new opportunities in the North Sound community, we invite you to apply!
ABOUT NORTH SOUND BH-ASO
Our Mission: Empowering individual and families to improve their health and well-being.
North Sound Behavioral Health Administrative Services Organization values and seeks diversity, equity, and inclusion as integral to the behavioral health field. We support, embrace, and celebrate everyone’s uniqueness, promote inclusion, and commit to remove systemic barriers that affect our workforce, our providers, and the people that receive behavioral health services.
The Washington State Health Care Authority contracts with the North Sound BH-ASO to fund Behavioral Health Crisis Services, state-funded non-Medicaid services and other critical outreach and criminal justice diversion programs. In addition, North Sound BH-ASO coordinates several Federal grants that has expanded substance use disorder services to many of our rural communities. Please visit our website www.nsbhaso.org for more information.
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & EDUCATION
The Human Resources Specialist provides a variety of technical and administrative work in support of the Assistant Director and to employees within the organization. This position is responsible for the enrollment and coordination of employee benefits with the North Sound Behavioral Health Administrative Services Organization (North Sound BH-ASO) third party benefits administrator, administers the online learning systems, organizes live training events and conferences, and acts as Safety Coordinator. This is a confidential position. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Performs recruitment activities, assists in the hiring process by reviewing resumes and performing reference checks.
• Participates in new employee orientation to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
• Prepares and maintains employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance with legal requirements and confidentiality. • Coordinates Open Enrollment including assisting staff with benefit enrollment, such as group insurance, medical and dental, life, accident and disability, pension and savings plans; reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment with third party benefits administrator.
• Administrates benefits administration software programs.
• Assists with implementation of the organization’s Diversity, Racial Equity and Inclusion Strategic Plan, and related policies and procedures. • Work with the Leadership Team and other staff to analyze training needs, design and implement comprehensive training plans in alignment with North Sound BH-ASO’s mission, vision and strategic goals.
• Administrator of the Relias Online Learning Management System. Knowledge of:
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
• Exemplary customer service skills.
• Ability to professionally collaborate with North Sound BH-ASO and stakeholder staff.
• Ability to work independently and effectively participate in and lead work teams.
• Excellent and demonstrated oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated composition and editorial skills including excellent grammar.
• Excellent computer skills including desktop publishing and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of a wide range of diversity issues concerning the workplace, including ethnic, cultural, disability, sexual minority, and gender issues. Education and Experience:
• BS/BA in Human Resources, business administration, or relevant field, and experience equal to two (2) years that provide the required knowledge and abilities, OR
• Any combination of related education and experience equal to four (4) years that provides the required knowledge and abilities. License and Certification:
• SHRM, PHR/SPHR Certification preferred.
•Valid Washington State driver’s license and proof of insurance at the time of hire and vehicle available for work-related travel.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION This position is part time, 20 hours per week, hourly range from $29.94 to $33.03 per hour, plus a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. Position will remain open until a qualified applicant is selected. North Sound BH-ASO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit our Careers page for full job description and application. Send cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com. Please note that applications will not be accepted without a completed North Sound BH-ASO application form.