To apply: https://www.janicki.com/careers/
Janicki Industries is an innovative, family-owned aerospace company located at the foot of the Cascades. We focus on engineering and manufacturing complex projects for companies in the aerospace, defense, and space industries. We are looking for an HR Generalist to join our team.
The HR Generalist will work in all areas of HR operations, including recruiting, benefits, employee relations, training, policy development and HRIS maintenance. This role will interact with all areas of the company and requires strong interpersonal skills. The HR Generalist will identify improvement initiatives and carry them out to completion.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Human Resources Generalist:
- Understands the business and is closely aligned with the business leaders.
- Strives for greater efficiency of human resources services through the recommendation of new approaches to established policies, procedures, and programs.
- Supports all areas of the employment lifecycle, from recruiting to termination.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation to communicate company policies, laws, and company regulations.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Supports the company’s training programs.
- Updates employee information and helps with maintaining current employee data in the HRIS.
- Helps with documentation of disciplinary actions, transfers and promotions, and terminations.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints and harassment allegations.
- Works closely with the safety team to provide assistance to injured employees.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Must be capable of maintaining high level of confidentiality.
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum requirement for all positions is a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have one (1) year experience working in Human Resources. PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to multitask.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedule and consistent interruptions.
- Must have good leadership skills including the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Position requires considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills in the English language as well as interpersonal skills, professional appearance and work ethic.
- Be able to work under pressure and in stressful situations.
- Time management, organization and prioritization of projects or assignments is required.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex difficult, and emotional issues using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or government law.
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki Industries does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or any other legally protected status.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki Industries’ Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.