Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Posting Number: 2022-07
Posting Date: 09/21/2022
Posting Closes: when filled
Dakota Creek Industries is looking for a diverse, efficient, and motivated individual to fill the role of Human Resources Manager. The HR Manager would be responsible for providing Human Resources support in the areas of: recruitment, onboarding, performance management, training and development, employee relations, leave administration, policy and protocol development and maintenance, HRSS maintenance, employee communications, culture development, benefits administration, and a variety of other employee- and management-related tasks.
- Employee recruitment, onboarding, training, and development
- HRSS portal maintenance
- Benefits administration and Employee Navigator portal maintenance
- Ensure legal compliance to all federal, state and local employment laws, health codes, and records maintenance
- Provide support to the Payroll Specialist as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action guidelines and laws, file EEO-1 and other federal contractor reporting requirements and conduct annual relevant personnel training.
- Coordinate all-employee training in conjunction with Safety and Environmental Departments and monitor compliance as well as revise training plans as needed
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, promotion, demotion and disciplinary actions)
- Administer performance evaluations, monitor wage increases, create job offers, administer non-disclosure agreements as needed
- Coordinate project labor needs with Project Management and trades Department Heads
- Provide assistance as needed to the Apprenticeship Program Manager
- Monitor all federal Longshore & Harbor Workers claims and coordinate any employee needs with the Safety Department, insurance company and medical professionals
- Investigations, documentation and follow up of any work-related incidents and complaints
- Enforce company policies, procedures, and protocols
- Coordinate company communication with personnel
- Monitor and manage Employment Security Department claims
- Maintain and coordinate drug screening program in conjunction with the on site clinic and Safety Department
- Complete basic office support such as answering phones, directing visitors and providing back up support to other staff as needed
- Understand the business’ essential job functions, support the Ownership and Management Teams and suggest/create efficiency plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field preferred but not required; minimum High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in Human Resources
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills, time management, prioritization and strategic thinking
- Solid working knowledge of federal and state labor laws and regulations including Prevailing Wage and federal Longshore and Harbor Workers law
- Maintain high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to maintain, improve and promote a team environment through strong communication skills
- Shipyard or related construction experience welcome but not required
- SHRM certification or equivalent preferred
- eCMS platform experience preferred
Interpersonal Contacts: This position works both independently and as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others within a team, and other trades of the organization is essential in this role.
Benefits: include medical, vision, dental, voluntary benefits, access to company clinic, vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays, and annual bonus.
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc. is a drug free, smoke- and vape-free workplace. Prospective employees must pass a drug test and a physical as well as pre-employment screening.
Pay Range: DOE (range of $78,000 – $90,000) with review at 120 days
To Apply: In order to apply, please complete an application which may be downloaded from our website www.dakotacreek.com. The completed application must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (360) 293-6432 or mailed to P.O. Box 218 Anacortes, WA 98221 or dropped off at the Main Office at 820 4thStreet in Anacortes. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form but may be included with the application. Position will close when filled.