Why Work at Lautenbach?
Our employees say they would recommend Lautenbach Recycling as a great place to work because:
- "The people! This company has done a fantastic job at recruiting & hiring for cultural fit. It's a pleasure to work with such a diverse yet unified group of people."
- "This company truly cares about their people. They are supportive to your goals and aspirations, and help you achieve them. Working for a company with a lot of flexibility in where you can end up is an amazing perk."
In 1991, brothers Troy and Torrey Lautenbach started a small company in Bellingham, Washington to recycle construction waste. 30 years later, Lautenbach Recycling is one of the region’s premier employers and the largest family-owned recycling company in Washington State. We are actively looking for team members that are looking for more than just a job and desire to be part of our growth and future.
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, payroll and benefits processing, regulatory compliance and enforcing company policies and practices.
The ideal candidate enjoys building and fostering teamwork and collaboration, engaging with leadership and employees, adapts well to change, clearly communicates information to leadership and employees, listens carefully and learns quickly, and solves conflicts with diplomacy and professionalism.
- · Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the HR and Payroll department.
- · Oversees the daily workflow of both HR and Payroll departments.
- · Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- · Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Upholds the culture of Lautenbach Recycling by being a champion of the Mission, Vision and Values of the Company when making decisions.
- · Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- · Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, including managerial, exempt, and professional roles as well as CDL drivers, heavy equipment operators, maintenance personnel, yard personnel and sort line laborers; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- · Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- · Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- · Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- · Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees. Deliver training to managers and employees.
- · Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- · Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- · Manages company payroll functions to include full service processing payroll, ensuring on-time governmental reporting and compliance.
- · Responsible for FMCSA and DOT regulatory compliance
- · Develops and coordinates diversity, equity and inclusion programs.
- · Performs other duties as assigned.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- · Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- · Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- · Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- · Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- · Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- · Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- · Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- · Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s Bamboo HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- · Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- · A minimum of seven years of human resource management experience preferred.
- · SHRM-CP/PHR or SHRM-SCP/SPHR preferred.
- · Familiarity with FMCSA and DOT regulations preferred.
- · Salary range of $80,000-$90,000 depending on experience.
- · 100% Medical and Dental paid for the employee – because your health and wellness matter to us, we make it easier for you.
- · Employer pays 100% of L&I rates – which means you take home more of your pay.
- · Investment Options – Simple IRA available after 1 year with a 3% employer match.
- · Employee Assistance Program – free access to support for every area of your life from stress management to legal advice.
- · Paid Time Off – we want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over your time off, so we offer paid holiday and a PTO package.
- · Family environment – you’re more than just an employee to us, you’re family.
- · It’s a great place to work where you know what you do every day is important and appreciated.
We are located in Mount Vernon just north of Highway 20 in the beautiful Skagit Valley. The site is a fully operational Construction & Demolition recycling center which has frequent traffic, dust and noise.
- · Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- · Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- · Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Apply for this job: https://lautenbachrecycling.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=130
Our Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.