Chief People and Culture Officer - Larson Gross
Larson Gross seeks experienced, strategic HR professional to lead our Human Resources team and programs.
Does this position and serving our industry feel like a good fit with your experience, qualifications and passion? If so, please share with us your interest and qualifications in a cover letter along with your resume. First consideration will be given to materials sent to Kara Turner, Turner HR Services (email@example.com) by 3/4/24. Position open until filled.
This position can also be found on our website at https://larsongross.com/careers/current-openings/chief-people-culture-officer/
Larson Gross is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHO WE ARE
Larson Gross is an innovative, forward-thinking, and team-oriented firm. We are a locally owned, full service public accounting firm based in Bellingham, Lynden, Burlington, Yakima, and Wenatchee, Washington. We offer audit, tax, and consulting services in a variety of industries. Currently Larson Gross has over 200 employees with continuous growth plans. Our growth is a result of our long-term and collaborative approach to client service, and we build genuine relationships with our colleagues, our clients, and the communities we serve.
To learn more about our organization and the services we provide, please visit us at https://larsongross.com/about-us/
WHAT WE VALUE
Our purpose is “Making Lives Better and Businesses Stronger”.
We do this through the following values and shared commitments:
• We commit to our team
• We cultivate genuine relationships
• We create shared success
WHAT WE OFFER
Exempt, Annual Salary Range: $165,000 - $200,000 with starting based upon experience
Benefits: Larson Gross offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• 5 weeks of Paid Time Off
• 9 Paid Designated Holidays and 2 Floating Holidays
• 5% 401(k) Profit Sharing Employer Contribution (upon meeting eligibility)
• Discretionary Bonus
• Incentive Programs
• Flexible Work Arrangements
• Additionally, we offer a number of programs to promote your professional development and wellness
The Chief People & Culture Officer (CPCO) is responsible for developing, executing and managing the Human Resources strategy and operations in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. The CPCO acts as a strategic business partner by collaboratively developing programs and communicating HR plans to the executive management team, owners and the board of directors.
In addition to providing strategic leadership and supervision to the 8-member HR team, the successful candidate will be willing and able to roll up their sleeves and participate in operational HR work as a member of the team. The responsibilities of the overall HR team include performance and career coaching, learning & development program management, employee engagement and people resource budgeting and scheduling. Our largest office and most significant concentration of firm management team members is in Whatcom County, and it is our preference to have this role be fulfilled by a candidate also living within proximity of this area to facilitate a level of in-person collaboration.
• Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company’s mission and strategic vision.
• Develop strategies and HR programs to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives and growth.
• Overall responsibility for effective “people systems and programs” (including technology-related) to ensure long-term viability of the organization and a positive work experience for employees.
• Function as a member and strategic business partner to the executive management team.
• Develop comprehensive recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of an expanding organization.
• Design and develop, in collaboration with other leaders, an effective resource management and scheduling function utilizing staffing solutions consisting of employees, independent contractors, outsourcing and technology-based solutions.
• Oversee a comprehensive total rewards program, including compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
• Oversee successful implementation of a career and performance coaching program, supplemented by learning and development plans combined with effective KPI and dashboard performance management and reward systems.
• Continuous improvement and expanded usage of HR and talent technology solutions to integrate and automate with firmwide enterprise management systems.
• Provide overall leadership and guidance to all HR functions ensuring all areas are aligned and well-coordinated. Supervise HR staff ensuring the ongoing professional development and team capacity building to meet future growth needs.
• Utilize firm and employee data to provide analysis and perspective utilizing data-driven decision-making capabilities for forward-looking planning around firm talent and resource solutions.
Experience & Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
• 8 or more years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources managing various programs such as compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, performance management, professional development, etc.
• Prior experience at a senior HR management level advising senior leadership team members
• Supervisory experience strongly preferred
• Human Resources certification (SHRM or HRCI) strongly preferred
• Experience working in a professional service firm or related industry, with experience in acquisitions and mergers preferred
• Other combinations of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively perform the position may be considered
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and best HR practices
• Strong coaching, team building and mentoring skills
• Ability to both think strategically and act tactically as needed
• Understanding of business issues and how to identify and deliver HR programs and solutions to meet business needs
• Excellent written, oral and listening communication skills, including effective presentation skills
• Demonstrated skill and effectiveness as a relationship builder and internal consultant
• Effective facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive topics and confidential information
• Proficient working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), Teams and other office-related technology
• Familiarity and experience working within HRIS systems
• Possess a high degree of empathy and emotional intelligence
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility in a fast-moving organization, with the ability to be a self-starter with strong project management skills
• Maintain a curious mind for continuous improvement and a passion for utilizing technology to enhance the employee experience and provide efficiencies to and integration with other firm operations
• A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance for work-related travel. Successful candidate will have ready access to and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Final candidates are subject to a background check.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Work is primarily performed in a professional office setting. Some travel will be required to attend meetings, trainings and visit various office sites, approximately 6-10 visits per year to locations within the Pacific Northwest. Position requires hand manipulative skills working with electronic equipment and systems. May occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 15 pounds. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Vision acuity to perform read and complete documents.
WHERE WE LIVE
Live in a community consistently rated as one of the most desirable in the USA! Nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Bellingham and the surrounding area is home to over 90,000 people and surrounded by several charming small towns. To learn more about Bellingham and Whatcom County visit: https://www.bellingham.org/.